Omaha poker is quite a simple form of poker
suitable for beginners. A standard game follows this routine:
1. The 2 players to the left of the dealer post a stake of
a predetermined amount. This is known as 'posting the blind'
and ensures there is some money to play for.
2. All players are dealt 4 cards from a standard deck of 52
3. A round of betting takes place after these our cards are
dealt. You are able to call, raise or fold your hand.
4. The dealer then deals 3 cards face up in the middle of the
table, 'the flop'. The cards in the flop can be used by all
players to make the best hand possible. Another round of betting
takes place after the flop, with the same three choices as the
first round of betting.
5. A fourth card is then dealt as another community card in
the centre of the table, 'the turn'. This card is used by all
players remaining to improve their hands, if possible. Another
round of betting takes place.
6. The dealer deals a fifth and final card into the centre
of the table, 'the river'. This last card is used by all players
to complete the best hand they can get, using 2 cards from the
4 dealt to them and 3 of the 5 community cards. Another round
of betting takes place.
7. All players remaining in the game begin to reveal their
hands. The player with the best hand wins the pot.