7 Card Stud poker can be played with between 2 and 10 players.
A game of Seven Card Stud Poker follows this basic routine:
1. The dealer deals each player 2 cards face down, the 'hole
cards', and 1 face up. The player with the highest card facing
up opens the betting. During this first round of betting players
can call, raise or fold.
3. Another card is dealt to each player, face up. After this,
another round of betting takes place, starting with the player
holding the best 2 card hand showing. This player can then drop
out, check or bet, with the other players being able to play,
stay, fold or raise.
4. A third card is dealt face up and another round of betting
takes place, exactly the same betting technique of the first
betting round. A fourth face up card is then dealt to each player,
followed by a round of betting
5. A seventh card is dealt to all players left in the game,
this card is dealt face down. A final betting round takes place
in exactly the same way as the previous rounds, except players
can call instead of playing and staying.
6. The player with the best hand using the face up cards starts
to show their 'hole cards'. The player with the best hand using
5 of their 7 cards wins the pot.